Eagle Eye Centre Pte Ltd
Mount Alvernia Hospital
820 Thomson Road
Medical Centre D #06-57/58/59/60/61/62
9am to 5pm (Mon, Wed, Thurs & Fri)
9am to 8pm (Tues, Strictly on appointment basis)
9am to 12pm (Sat)
Dr Kelvin Lee is the Director of Glaucoma Services at Eagle Eye Centre (EEC) Singapore. He is an eye specialist and surgeon for Cataract and Comprehensive Ophthalmology, sub-specializing in the management of Glaucoma, Cataract and Glaucoma surgeries. Dr Lee also performs implantable contact lens (ICL) and LASIK for the management of refractive errors and presbyopia.
In 2000, Dr Kelvin Lee graduated from the National University of Singapore. After completing specialist training in Ophthalmology, Dr Lee was accredited in 2004 the Master of Medicine (MMED) in Ophthalmology and Member of the Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh (MRCSEd); and in 2008 Fellow of the Academy of Medicine Singapore (FAMS) and Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh (FRCSEd). Dr Lee is holding appointments as Executive Committee Member in the Singapore Society of Ophthalmology; and Honorary Treasurer and Council Member of the College of Ophthalmologists, Academy of Medicine, Singapore.
His previous appointments included Chairman of SNEC’s JCI committee, Member of SNEC’s Quality Assurance Committee, Clinical Physician Faculty Member for Ophthalmology in SingHealth Residency Program, and Clinical Tutor for National University of Singapore and Duke-NUS.
Dr Lee also received subspecialty training in glaucoma having completed an overseas (HMDP) Glaucoma Fellowship at the University of Tokyo in 2007 with special focus on management of Normal Tension Glaucoma. This experience was subsequently complemented with a local Glaucoma Fellowship at the Singapore National Eye Centre (SNEC).
Dr Lee manages many patients with cataracts, using the latest intraocular lens implants (toric, multi-focal and multi-focal toric intraocular lenses). Dr Lee also performs implantable contact lens (ICL), femtosecond LASIK and cornea cross-linking in managing patients with refractive errors like myopia, hyperopia, astigmatism and presbyopia.
As a Glaucoma sub-specialist, Dr Lee has managed many patients with glaucoma. Dr Lee performs glaucoma lasers (laser peripheral iridotomy, argon laser iridoplasty, selective laser trabeculoplasty [SLT] and transcleral cyclophotocoagulation [TCP]), as well as glaucoma surgeries – trabeculectomy, combined cataract and glaucoma surgeries and glaucoma tube implant surgeries.
Accolades and Achievements
• Awarded Academy of Medicine Silver Medal (First in Examination) – NUS
• Awarded Beecham Book Prize for Anatomy, Biochemistry and Physiology – NUS
• Awarded Merit for the final Year Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program Project – NUS
• Received Singhealth Quality Service Award – Gold 2011
• Received SNEC Mystery Shopper Staff Award – Year 2011
• Received Best Oral Presentation Award for Neuroprotection Session – Brimonidine is neuroprotective against glutamate-induced neurotoxicity, oxidative stress and hypoxia in purified rat retinal ganglion cell cultures, at 19th Japan Glaucoma Society Meeting, Osaka, September 12-14 2008
• Awarded Singapore Eye Foundation Grant for participation in ARVO (Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology) 1997 Annual Meeting in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, USA
Your email will be sent to the doctor’s clinic and they will get back to you as soon as possible.