Ng Tay Meng Gastrointestinal Hepatology Centre
Mount Alvernia Hospital
820 Thomson Road
Medical Centre A #06-01
9am to 5pm (Mon - Fri)
9am to 1pm (Sat)
Dr Ng Tay Meng graduated from the University of Singapore in 1983 and underwent postgraduate specialist training in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology in Singapore. He attained his Master of Medicine Degree and became Fellow of the Academy of Medicine in Singapore as well as Royal College of Physician in Edinburgh.
Dr Ng completed a one-year sub-specialty training in Interventional Gastrointestinal Endoscopy at the London National Medical Laser Centre, United Kingdom in 1995, where he received intensive and comprehensive training in all aspects of therapeutic Gastrointestinal endoscopy, in particular Endoscopic Laser Therapy of Gastrointestinal malignancy and Endoscopic ultrasound staging of Gastrointestinal cancer. He was previously Senior Consultant and Head of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Service at Singapore's Changi General Hospital and Vice-president of the Gastroenterological Society of Singapore.
The following are Dr Ng’s areas of specialty and interests, as well as services that he could provide for his patients:
• Evaluation of gastrointestinal symptoms, including diagnostic and therapeutic upper and lower gastrointestinal endoscopy
• Gastrointestinal endoscopic screening for common Gastrointestinal Cancer
• Video-Capsule Endoscopy in the evaluation small intestines
• Endoscopic ultrasound in the staging of gastrointestinal cancers and evaluation of hepatobiliary-pancreatic diseases
• Endoscopic Laser Therapy / ablation / palliation for Gastrointestinal cancers
• Endoscopic dilatation and stenting of gastrointestinal strictures or cancers
• Management of acute gastrointestinal haemorrhage, including variceal bleeding
• Evaluation of abnormal liver function test or raised gastrointestinal tumour markers
• Management of acute and chronic hepatitis, including Hepatitis B and C infection
• Management of cirrhosis and its complications
Your email will be sent to the doctorâ€™s clinic and they will get back to you as soon as possible.