Via the LifeSG app
If you or your spouse is a Singapore citizen, both have SingPass accounts and your marriage is registered in Singapore, you may use the LifeSG app to register your child’s birth.
Please visit https://www.life.gov.sg/#ways-we-help for more information on this service or download the app to use the service now.
Via Our Business Office
If you are not eligible for registration via the LifeSG app, you may still register at our Business Office counter with the following documents:
* Notification of Live Birth (which will be handed to you by the hospital)
* Completed BD13 (Birth Registration Form)
* Both parents’ ORIGINAL NRICs (Foreigners have to bring ORIGINAL Passports)
* ORIGINAL Marriage Certificate
* ORIGINAL Malaysian Blue IC for Malaysians
* A Letter of Authorisation to be signed by both parents of the child if someone else registers the birth.
* ORIGINAL Deed Poll if parent’s name has been changed and is different from the NRIC.
Registration fee will be S$42. Kindly note the operating hours of the Birth Registration counter below:
Mondays to Fridays: 9am to 4pm
Saturdays: 9am to 12 noon
Closed on Sundays & Public Holidays
Birth registration of baby can be done within 42 days from the date of birth. However, it is strongly encouraged that you register within 14 days.
You may apply for this via the LifeSG app as well. Otherwise, you can apply online at https://www.babybonus.msf.gov.sg using your Singpass account. Please make sure that you have the following documents ready to complete application:
• Bank Account Holder’s account details to receive the cash gift
• Personal particulars of the Bank Account Holder and CDA Trustee if they are a third party (i.e. not the child’s parent)
• Adoption order and Schedule (if your child is adopted)
• Marriage Certificate (for overseas marriages) For more information, please visit the official website at https://www.babybonus.msf.gov.sg/parent/web/home
Please note: Birth registration will not be processed if you fail to produce any of the required documents stated above.